Monday, April 07, 2014

A day in the life of the rich and famous


Carmel by the Sea is the playground of the rich and famous in northern California.  Clint Eastwood was once the mayor of this picturesque little town, which could easily have been transplanted from the south of France, except for one thing.  The copious number of luxury brand-name stores that line the main street.  I succumbed to the call of capitalism and bought myself a pair of Tiffany earrings by Paloma Picasso.  The Luce earrings are a little dose of everyday chic which I shall enjoy very much.



One of my best paintings by a local artist which I saw at a Carmel art gallery.  One which I resisted buying, thank God! ;)


Julie and I stopped at a lovely little patisserie for lunch.  It was full of rich retired white folks and we were definitely the "ethnic minority".

No comments: